Sunday, November 17, 2013

mis·fit
 noun \ˈmis-ˌfit also ˌmis-ˈfit\
: a person who is different from other people and who does not seem to belong in a particular group or situation



I know what you are thinking ... what a strange name for a blog.  Well, yea it is.  But in thinking about who I am, and what makes me, "me", I came up with a few choice words.  Nerd, geek, nonconformist, wallflower, invisible ... you get the idea.  

While my life may seem completely normal and average to the casual onlooker, anybody that takes the time, or that I allow, to get to know me will find something slightly different than "normal".  Some take the paved and clear path through life.  I've consistently drifted to the bumpier roads - sometimes roads that aren't visible to anybody but me.  

It is one of these bumpier roads that has led me to my current occupation - Independent Vacation Planner.  Occupation may not be the right word, as it's more a labor of love.  I love to travel.  I love visiting new places, and re-visiting old places.  I believe that the journey is as important as the destination.  I believe that you have never seen everything.  I look forward to every opportunity to explore - from a simple afternoon outing to half-way around the world in 8 short days; I've tried it, loved it, and come back for more.

Stay tuned, dear reader.  I will be posting more in the next few days.  Trip reports, ideas, and random thoughts about life and travel as I know them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment